Terms & Conditions
- In these terms and conditions then following words shall have the following meanings:
|“The Company”||Sporting Services a trading name of Kerlyn LLP registered in England & Wales, Company No. OC351055|
|“The Customer”||The person, company, or other entity which buys goods and services|
|“Restricted Products”||Products that require licencing and / or identity checks prior to purchase. Including but not limited to firearms, shotguns, airguns, ammunition, primers and gunpowder.|
2. General Conditions
All quotations are made, and all orders are accepted solely upon and subject to the following conditions. Acceptance of delivery of goods shall constitute acceptance of these terms:
- Time for delivery is given as accurately as possible but is not guaranteed. The Customer shall have no right to damages or to cancel the order for failure to meet delivery date.
- Cancellation will only be agreed to by the Company on condition that all costs and expenses incurred by us up to that time, and all loss of profits and other loss or damage resulting from such cancellation will be reimbursed by the Customer to the Company. In the event of cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control, we will do our best to offer clients an alternative comparable arrangement, but shall be under no liability, except to refund monies.
- All prices quoted are based on current tariff and rates of exchange. We reserve the right to adjust consequent upon increased fuel, taxes and other costs.
- In the case of sale or hire of firearms and ammunition, Firearms Certificates and applicable licences will be required for completion (either in person or via registered mail in the case of a ‘remote transfer’) before sale or hire can take place and a deposit will normally be required.
- Whilst we make every effort to supply goods to your specifications, we cannot be liable for the results produced whilst in use by the Customer.
- As we do not manufacture the goods we supply, liability for such goods will be limited. We accept no responsibility for loss, damage, default or accident in respect of such goods.
- The Customer shall have no claim in respect of defects that are not apparent at time of delivery, written notice must be given of such defect within forty-eight hours of delivery date.
- Prices quoted are always less carriage unless otherwise stated.
- Supply will always be subject to prevailing UK Law and Export controls.
3. On-Line Sales and use of the Website
- We cannot and do not take on-line payment for Restricted Products. These products will be flagged as ‘this product cannot be purchased on-line’ and cannot be added to your basket. To discuss the purchase of restricted products please contact us.
- We can send certain “age restricted products” not defined under ‘Restricted Products’ above e.g. knives, to a home address. We will verify your age before doing so.
- The content of our web site www.sportingservices.co.uk and www.sportingservices.com is © Kerlyn LLP T/A Sporting Services. All rights are reserved. You may download a single electronic copy of website content and / or print extracts from the website for your own personal and non-commercial use. Excluding manufacturer supplied content or unless otherwise stated, the intellectual property rights in all material on our website is owned by us.
- Our website includes links to other websites. These websites and the content, products and services available through them are not under our control and should not be considered to be endorsed or approved by us. We do not accept any liability in connection with any third-party websites that may be accessed via our website.
- User registration - Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your username and password with anyone else. You are responsible for selecting an appropriately secure password when registering on our site.
- While we endeavour to ensure that the information on our Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on our Website. We may make changes to the material on our Website at any time without notice. The material on our Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- We have made all reasonable efforts to accurately display the colours, designs and sizes of the goods for sale on our website. You acknowledge and accept that designs, colours, shapes and patterns shown on the website are approximate only. Colours in particular may differ due to your own computer's visual settings and hardware.
- Due to the extremes in currency fluctuations, particularly with the £ Sterling against the EURO, we reserve the right to change or add surcharges to prices quoted.
- Where products are ordered on request, a deposit is to be made with order unless otherwise agreed.
- Payment is required in full when goods are ready for despatch.
- Trade accounts, strictly, 30 days from date of invoice.
- No disputes or delays beyond our control shall interfere with prompt payment.
- We reserve the right to charge interest at a rate of 2.5% per month on the balance of overdue accounts (rate subject to fluctuation in line with current bank rate)
- If payment of an invoice is not received in full within the provisions of these Conditions of Sale, the Company shall be entitled to withhold further orders until payment has been received in full.
- The Company reserves the right to issue Pro forma invoices to the Customer at the Company’s discretion.
- The Company is not responsible for any charges levied by the receiving country or customs.
- Where customers instruct their own couriers, they do so at their own risk and are to cover the charges, whether in the UK or overseas.
- Restricted products cannot be sent to private residential addresses. These products must be collected in person from our premises in West Sussex (by prior appointment) or can be sent to another Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) for local collection (remote transfer). Note: RFDs may change a small administration fee to provide this service.
- International exports and imports will be subject to the International Commercial terms stated on our Invoice, Purchase Order or any other related document. Incoterms ® 2020 are published by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). In case of any ambiguity our default being ‘DPU - Delivered at Place Unloaded’.
- Only newly manufactured ammunition should be used, and no guarantee can be accepted for hand-loaded, reloaded or re-manufactured ammunition. This includes surplus ammunition or any ammunition that contains defects, known or unknown. Furthermore, the barrel must be kept clean always.
- Any alterations made to the barrel after the sale shall void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- The use of a barrel for a purpose different than originally intended can cause an unsafe situation. Please consult the manufacturer if you intend to use the barrel for a use other than it originally designed as to whether it is safe.
- Should a defect occur nevertheless, the barrel must be returned to us postage paid for inspection. The liability of the manufacturer is limited only to the replacement or repair of the barrel and is at its sole discretion.
- Firearms are dangerous and should consequently be handled with care. The user and those nearby must take the appropriate measures to ensure that others can never be put at risk. This includes safe and appropriate storage and eye / ear protection. Firearms should never be pointed, aimed or fired at people.
- Subject to exceptions agreed by the Company, should you wish to return items you must contact the office first. The Company will exchange or refund the full purchase price (excluding delivery or returns cost) up to 14 days of the invoice date. Goods must be returned unused, in original packaging and in a fully resalable condition with any tags intact. Please note, it is your responsibility to ensure all goods returned to us are packed sufficiently for normal carrier handling. The company will not except items damaged whilst being returned.
- We cannot accept returns of paint, oils and other consumables (i.e. cleaning products, etc.) unless faulty or damaged.
- Should items be ordered incorrectly and returned we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of 10% of the goods value to be applied and taken off any credit allowed.
- The company will offer exchange or refund of the full purchase price including the cost of delivery if the item is faulty (subject to inspection) or damaged on delivery to the customer.
- All delivery discrepancies need to be reported within 48 hours of delivery. Claims for damaged items must be reported within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- If returning item(s) for servicing or repair you must contact the company first. Before sending you must ensure the item(s) are not charged, cocked or loaded and in a safe condition to travel. It is your responsibility to ensure all goods returned to us are packed sufficiently for normal carrier handling.
- Title to the goods shall remain with the Company until the goods have been paid for in full by the Customer and any cheque or other negotiable instrument has been cleared by the Company’s Banker.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee should any payment not be accepted or be returned by our Banker.
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- This Contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- These Terms, together with the Order set out the whole of Our agreement relating to the supply of the Goods by Us to you.
Last Updated: 22nd January 2021