BREAK-FREE® CLP (Cleans Lubricates Preserves) was developed in the 1970s to meet the criteria of what was known as the "impossible specification", formulated by the U.S. military. The objective was to replace eight different products with one, since it was neither logistic nor practically possible for soldiers to keep weapons battle ready during field conditions. After years of extensive research and testing, BREAK-FREE CLP was the only product to meet, and actually exceed, the "impossible specification". Since then, BREAK-FREE has been the primary maintenance product for the U.S. Army, Navy and Air force - and has also been adopted by twenty other countries around the world as well as by NATO.
- Performs in temperatures ranging from -65°F to +475°F and after saltwater immersion.
- Manufactured from the highest-quality polymerized synthetic oils plus special frictionreducing, anti-wear additives.
- Reduces metal-to-metal wear by layering surface areas with an advanced boundary film.
- Does not degrade under high temperatures and extreme pressure. Other brands may contain waxbased materials that will degrade and solidify into a gummy residue.
- Displaces and loosens residue and contaminants from bearing areas.
- Protects metals with special rust inhibitors.
Safety Data (MSDS) - link.
* Bottle design may differ from that shown.