The AX MKIII is the latest in a long and distinguished line of combat proven sniper rifles from AI and has been designed to meet current operational needs in Europe and around the world. Tested to current NATO requirements for Military Sniper rifles, it has evolved from the successful AXMC multi-calibre rifle and is a variant of the AXSR, produced for the US Market and shares many features.
The rifle as supplied is configured in .338 Lapua Magnum and has multi-calibre conversion kits that are user configurable and mission adaptable.
AX MKIII features include an integral ArcaSwiss Style tripod mounting rail under the forend tube and forend grip, barricade supports, AI’s patented and Quickloc barrel system bolted to the aluminium chassis. Improved design features include the bolt, lock ring, ambidextrous 3 position safety catch and rubber AR style changeable pistol grip.
The well proven and reliable AI detachable magazine is included in 10 round, double stack, CIP length for all calibres, without the need for a magazine adapter.
- Calibres: .338 Lap Mag | .338 Norma Mag | .300 Norma Mag | .300 Win Mag | .308 Win | 6.5 Creedmoor (Note: .338 Norma Mag not expected before H2 2022)
- Weight: With empty magazine, standard accessory rails, no scope, no bipod, 27” barrel, tactical muzzle brake: 7.64 kg
- Dimensions: With 27” barrel and tactical muzzle brake - Full length: 1255 mm x 200 mm x 90 mm - Stock folded: 1030 mm x 185 mm x 95 mm
- Standard double chamber Muzzle brake
- STANAG (MIL 1913) Action Rail 30 MOA
- Folding Stock (right fold)
- Adjustable Cheek Piece
- Adjustable Butt with additional spacer screws
- Forend Mounting System 16"
- AR Style Grip
- Rear grip (rail mounted)
- Left hand magazine port cut out
- Flush Cup attachment points
- 3 x side accessory rails (1 x 140mm plain, 2 x 80mm Flush cup)
- User Manual
- 1 x 10 round double stack CIP magazine
- 1 x barrel (all calibers / lengths same price)
- Tactical threaded double chamber muzzle brake for AI suppressor (+£47.00)
- Proofed steel action with AI’s patented Quickloc barrel system, bolted to the aluminium chassis
- 30 MOA STANAG 4694 / Mil Std 1913 action and forend rail
- Integral Arca-Swiss style tripod mounting rail under forend tube and forend grip
- Barricade supports x 2
- Improved design, 6 lug, 60° bolt with AI combat proven leaf spring extractor
- Ambidextrous 3 position safety levers
- Two stage trigger adjustable for reach and trigger weight between 1.5 and 2kg
- Detachable 10 round CIP length double stack magazine - can also be top loaded though the rifle ejection port
- Left side magazine port cut out for ease of magazine insertion
AX rifles benefit from a high performance Cerakote firearm coating. Choose from:
All AI barrel options are stainless steel, plain threaded for muzzle brake.
- .338 LM: 27”, 1 in 9.35” twist
- .338 NM: 27”, 1 in 9.35” twist
- .300 NM: 27”, 1 in 8” twist
- .300 WM: 27", 1 in 11” twist
- .308 WIN: 20”/ 24”/ 26”, 1 in 12” twist
- 6.5 CM: 20”/ 24”/ 26”, 1 in 8.5” twist
- STANAG 4694 / Mil std 1913 accessory rails to attach to AI’s patented KeySlot™ mounting system
- AI Bipod and mounts for other bipod brands (including Harris)
- Quick adjust butt spike
- Calibre conversion kits comprising barrel, bolt and magazine: .338 Norma | .300 Norma | .300 Win Mag | .308 Win | 6.5 Creedmoor
- Handstop with sling loop and flush cup
- Slings | Transit cases | Cleaning kits